Have a Question? Below you will find a list of commonly asked questions. Please take the time to see if yours is mentioned. Should you have a question that isn’t addressed, feel free to contact us by filling out the form at the bottom of the page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Is there an “age restriction” for who is allowed to go on a trip?
There is not a definitive “age limit” to riding along on one of our Ski Bus Express trips to China Peak. However, we always encourage children (or those below the age of 18) to come in “groups” (or at the least in “pairs”) if at all possible. Though, we have a “host” on all of our Ski Bus Express trips, their sole responsibility is to ensure that “all” of our guests have a good time. Parents or guardians of minors must know that the “host” for the event will not be able to “keep an eye” on their child for the entire duration of the trip. We ask that the parent or guardian use their best judgment in discerning whether or not the child (or minor in their care) is responsible and mature enough to go on the trip. In addition, anyone joining us for a trip is required to fill out the “Release of Liability” form located on our website. In the case of a passenger who is a minor (someone under age 18) this document must be filled out by their parent or legal guardian, in order that the minor be given the necessary legal “permission” to take part. Any minor who does not have this form filled out, will not be allowed to board the Ski Bus Express (even if the ticket has been paid for). The “Waiver” or “Release” form is easily downloaded from the website. (See Below for Instructions)
How do I make a reservations for an upcoming trip?
We recommend that you book as soon as possible to secure a spot aboard the bus for one of any of our upcoming trips. You may place an order online using our Showclix ticketing service.
How do I book online?
Tickets may be purchased for Ski Bus Express through our website and via Showclix.
Our Website Address is: http://skibusexpress.com
The Showclix “China Peak Day Trip Series” link is: www.showclix.com/event/3736728
On the website:
You can find the ticketing link on the website via a “Sidebar Widget” on the landing page (main page) of the site, located on the left side of the screen about three-quarters of the way down the page OR by clicking the “Day Trips” tab at the top of the landing page or the orange “China Peak Day Trips” button on that same page. You will then be directed to the ticket-purchasing screen, where you will be prompted to do the following:
- You will be asked to select the “date” that you would like to join us for a ski trip. (Please note: an auto-fill field will appear listing the “Available Time” of the event as 9:30am. This is the estimated arrival time at China Peak and not the passenger’s pickup time)
- Next, the customer will press the button “Find Tickets”.
- The passenger is given a list with 9 options on it (as detailed above) at their different pricing levels.
- After making the ticket selection, you will press the “Get Tickets” payment option.
- Once the customer has confirmed that their total is correct (including all applicable sales tax) they can press the “Checkout” button to be taken to the “Customer Information” screen.
- At this time, we ask that the customer enter the name of the actual “passenger” for the event and not necessarily the purchaser of the ticket. This enables an easier boarding process and limits confusion for the ticketing agent during boarding and any subsequent “roll call”.
- At the bottom of this screen, the customer is asked to agree to our “Terms of Service” and asked to click the “Complete Transaction” button.
- You are then taken to the “Final Confirmation” screen, where they can review their purchase, choose a payment option and finalize the sale.
- Once the sale is complete, the customer will be given a confirmation number and be given the option of whether or not you would like to either “print” their ticket or receive an “e-ticket”, that may be shown via a customer’s smartphone at time of boarding.
With “ALL” transactions via Showclix a final “Confirmation Email” is sent to the mailbox of the person who purchased the ticket. Contained within this email is a link to print your ticket from home or have a confirmed “e-ticket” sent to your mobile device. This “e-ticket” may be shown at the time of boarding as your official boarding pass.
Showclix says that I must bring my credit card with me on the trip and show it to confirm my purchase, is that true?
No…This is a “Showclix” policy and not a “Ski Bus Express” policy. In many instances the purchase of a ticket or tickets may be made for a minor by a parent or guardian. There may be other times when a ticket is purchased by someone who does not personally own the credit card used in making the purchase and may not be available to be shown at the time of boarding. We understand the reluctance of a parent to give their child or another 3rd party their credit card. We merely ask that passengers bring with them a printed copy of their ticket or their “e-ticket” for admission. When possible, it is recommended that a passenger also carry with them, a photo ID.
What is a “Printable Release” or “Waiver” form? Why do I need one? How do I get one?
Every passenger joining us for a “Ski Bus Express” trip is asked to provide the driver or host of each event a signed copy of the “Printable Release Form”. The form is meant to protect both passenger and Ski Bus Express in the unlikely event that an injury occurs, while a passenger is skiing or snowboarding during the trip. The form is easy to fill out and only takes a couple of minutes to complete. This document can be obtained directly from the website:
- On the “Main Page” of the Ski Bus Express website, select the tab at the top of the screen labeled “Printable Release Form”
- You will be taken to a screen containing a link. Highlighted in BLUE will be a link titled “Ski Bus Express Release Form” (click on it)
- Once you’ve done this a .pdf will be downloaded to your computer. You may open the document and review the information within. Then print and sign it.
- Some people may choose not to download information to their computer via a website. PLEASE NOTE: http://skibusexpress.com is a “secure” site. However, if you would rather copy and paste the form to your own computer and print it out separately, you may do so. NO alterations to the original document may be made, as it is a legal binding document. Please refer to the document itself for more details.
ALL passengers purchasing tickets through “Ski Bus Express” are required to sign a release form. If you do not have access to a printer or do not have a copy with you upon boarding, you will be given one to fill out. However, due to time constraints and with respect to the time needed to board other passengers, we ask that passengers make every attempt to have the form filled out in its entirety at time of pick-up.
Why do you need my name and phone number?
For purposes of tracking expected passengers and tickets sold, you are asked when purchasing tickets, to provide us with your name and telephone number. We may use your telephone number to call you the day before the event to confirm with you, the pick-up time and location. We do not share your name or phone number with any other parties. In addition, when filling out the purchasing agreement via the Showclix form, you will be asked for your name. We ask that you fill this information out for those of you who will be “passengers” on the ski trip. If the person purchasing the tickets is “not” the person attending the event, please fill in the name(s) for the person expected to attend. This allows the bus driver and/or host to know who is to be expected on the trip and makes the boarding process easier.
When I try to make a purchase, the “Event Time” is listed as 9:30…Is that my “Pick-up time”?
No…When purchasing a ticket, Showclix lists the “Event Time” as 9:30. This time is meant to indicate the estimated time of arrival at the destination (China Peak) and not the pick-up time at each location. Pick-up times vary, but those scheduled times are available to be viewed on the “Day Trips” page of the website. In addition, your scheduled pick-up time will be printed on your ticket or shown on your “e-ticket”.
Can I purchase tickets on the “Day of the Event”? Can I pay with cash?
Yes…BOX Office Sales Close at 5pm the day before a scheduled trip. Tickets THE DAY OF THE EVENT are available on a first come, first served basis. Passengers who have purchased tickets in advance will be seated prior to unticketed passengers. Those who have not purchased tickets prior to the day of the event are not guaranteed a spot on board, dependent on space limitations. While cash-paying customers are always welcomed, there is an additional $5 service and handling fee for those who pay THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
Does “Ski Bus Express” run on time?
We pride ourselves on prompt and safe transport of our passengers on all of our trips. Just as you would expect us to be “on time”, we depend on our customers to be on time at each of our pickup locations, to ensure that we can keep our buses on schedule and running smoothly. In an effort to provide timely and hassle-free transportation to you, our valued guest, we ask that all passengers arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled departure time. This will allow the driver to board and ticket passengers and stow any equipment or luggage and enable prompt service. We always endeavor to keep our schedules. However, there may be instances when weather, traffic or accidents may dictate our timeliness. As a result the posted schedule is not guaranteed and is subject to change.
Do you cancel the bus if there are not enough people?
Possibly…Though it doesn’t happen often, there may me an instance when not enough interest has been shown in an upcoming event. Meaning, not enough tickets have been purchased in order that we can justify the cost of a trip. That is why we encourage anyone interested in joining us for a trip, to tell others about it. The more people interested in going on a trip, the more likely that the trip will get the “Green Light”. Our plans are to provide one every Saturday through March 30th. We try to give everyone the opportunity to join us for a ski trip, so we wait as long as possible before cancelling a trip. However, if a trip is cancelled, we will contact the person who purchased the ticket and let them know the day before a scheduled event. At that time, they will either be given a full refund or the option to reschedule for a different date.
Can I bring luggage aboard?
Yes…You are allowed one small “carry-on” per passenger. Any gear or equipment that you choose to bring along will be stowed securely in one of our under-carriage compartments. You may bring laptops, cellphones and other mobile devices aboard as well, but are asked that if used en route, that they are used with “headphones”. This reduces the chance of distraction to our driver and is a courtesy to other passengers. Although the items will be secured on board for the day, “Ski Bus Express” is not responsible for loss, theft or damage of any of these devices for the duration of the day’s events.
Is there a bathroom on board the bus? Do we make any stops?
Yes…All of our “Ski Bus Express” motorcoaches are equipped with a restroom for the passengers convenience. While we do make stops at each of the three pickup locations, we do not stop for restroom breaks during the trip. On the return trip from China Peak, we take a “meal break” at the pick-up/drop-off location in Fresno. You may also take the opportunity to use the restroom facilities at this location as well.
Are meals provided?
Yes…As part of your trip, we provide each of the following to our passengers:
- A complimentary “light” continental-style breakfast to be enjoyed on the bus
- A “Lunch Voucher” redeemable at the China Peak Resort and given to the passenger upon arrival at the destination.
- A “Pizza Dinner” (see above)
- A light snack on the ride home